Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New California Tax Base?


Here is something fun to discuss...The Governator is seriously considering decriminalizing the silly weed Ca. and controlling and taxing it. It could, apparently, raise upwards of 1billion $$$ in taxes for us. It would also clear out a lot of space in ourprisons for peoplethat actually commit serious crimes. I'm thinking that if this passes, a recent poll showed 56% of Californians favor this move, then OR and WA may follow. It could begin a move to pull out vineyards up and down the coast to make room for "mari-joe-juana"'...all very interesting. It seems that the major part of the drug issues with Mexico is the M weed and that legalizing it could seriously cut down on the border crime wave. Good ole Ca. Now if we can just clear up that same sex marriage issue we could become a very cool state to live in...oh yeah...and that smog thing, the traffic gridlock, the wildfires in the summer, the drought issue, the winter mudslides and the earthquake thing...okay...maybe I need to rethink this Golden State thing...Fog...fog is good...

1 comment:

Clear Ayes said...

If we (California) do make marijuana legal, I hope we don't screw it up by allowing the super right to overrule it, like they did with Prop. 8. I'm all for legalizing it, for all the reasons you mentioned. In addition, it isn't that easy to get medical weed if you don't live in either Los Angeles or San Francisco. My sister's best friend, who lives in Orange Country has a prescription and carries it (both the prescription and the dope) with her wherever she goes. So far she hasn't run into any trouble. I don't think she has tried to take it out of state though. I definitely wouldn't.

I was glad to read your last post about your Mom. I sure hope it helped to vent a little.

I'm cashing it in for the evening. Today was a tiring one. I need a glass of vino and a nice session of Jeopardy to get back in the groove.

Have a good one, all.