Monday, March 9, 2009

HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE HTML LINK

If you type what you see in paragraph #1, your post will appear like paragraph #2. In order for it to work, you must remember to make the proper substitutions of the inequality symbols for the parentheses. Once you have got it, just put in whichever URL you want in place of the YouTube address.


#1 - This is my example paragraph. In my paragraph, I wish to link to (a href="http://www.youtube.com")YouTube(/a). You have to type it just the way it appears here. Except, instead of using parentheses, you would use these < >. Also, don't forget to include the http:// and also the quotation marks.


#2 - This is my example paragraph. In my paragraph, I wish to link to YouTube. You have to type it just the way it appears here. Except, instead of using parentheses, you would use these < >. Also, don't forget to include the http:// and also the quotation marks.

3 comments:

kazie said...

Hey, I didn't know I'd be first. I have a question: How do you post pictures that are not on the web other than perhaps facebook? I often have a picture of something I'd like to link to the crossword discussiion, but because they aren't uploaded anywhere, I'm stuck. I wondered how you did it this morning with the manatee picture--or where you had it stored.

Auntie Naomi said...

Kazie, The picture must be up on a web server somewhere. You can upload one from your computer to a number of sites like flickr. You will need an account, though. I believe flickr is free, so that should not be a problem. In my case, I uploaded that manatee to my own space that comes with my Comcast account.
Good Luck.

Oh, by the way, you can use this blog space to discuss anything that is related to any discussion on C.C.'s blog. Either in the event that you are over your post limit or if you just don't want to fill up her blog with something that you think someone else might not care to read about.

kazie said...

Thanks. I took the flickr tour. I already have a facebook account, and this looks similar. Also, it says to sign up with a yahoo account, which I don't have, only hotmail. I'm going to check out whether I can use facebook the same way--I'm rather new to that as well. Thanks for your help!